Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Help.

Lord Almighty,
I'm so tired of people that I think care about me lie to me, smile at me fakely, telling me they love me when I know the truth. I just wish people said the honest truth. I wish people didn't feel as if they had to hide their true self from me. Even the little things that they may feel as if I may be jealous or disappointed...whatever the situation is they should be able to trust me. I have been a good friend Lord. I have tried anyways very hard and we all fall short at times but I need you to forgive me and help me through this process for the best. Whether it means to let go and move on or to help strengthen the relationship just help me. I'm in a time in my life where times are changing and I don't feel as if I have anyone to really rely on. I have a feeling this summer a lot will change in general and one of the things is that I want to get closer to you lord but I want to also find friends that I can call a best friend again and mean it without looking at that person knowing that we aren't anymore or the boyfriend who says he loves me when I know he cares but he doesn't nearly care about me like the way he used to. I'm just so tired of being disappointed with the people I get close to. Because they always fade away. And yeah a bit of that is life. People do come in go but, I really would love to have some people I can actually rely on for a change.

1 comment:

Micah Foster said...

sounds like you are starting to realize some things:

1. high school relationships nearly always end badly
2. people fail and let you down

but here's the one thing that stays...Jesus Christ loves you deeply and wants you to spend more energy and effort in your relationship with him. When that's right...other things falls into place.

When you are satisfied through Him other people and their failures won't bother you so much. Instead you'll be filled with his love and forgiveness.

I want to encourage you to continue to open up to people...not because they are so great or because they will never fail...but because Jesus loves them too.

I'm talking more about 'friendships' than 'relationships.'

Read Jer. 29:11-14...seek him with everything you've got.

We look forward to having you in Re:action!